Friday, November 28, 2008

Exercise 6 - Podcasts

I went to npr.org and clicked on Arts and Entertainment because I like to think that I'm artsy fartsy most of the time. I found a cool podcast called "The Play's the Thing" by L.A. Theatre Works. It's a weekly radio show that covers the best of American as well as World drama. The plays are recorded in front of a live audience and range from Shakespeare to Miller and beyond. I think that it would be a good thing to listen to on a long drive or something where you'd be able to have a long attention span. This week's podcast was "Atomic Bombers" by Russell Vandenbrook. It was part of L.A. Theatre Works' Relativity Series for their scientific plays month. Not necessarily my cup of tea. But I'd definitely revisit them.

Then I went to our Library on Demand and got on the waiting list for "Holidays on Ice" by David Sedaris. I also downloaded "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by the same author. The best part is that David Sedaris is the one reading his stories. I saw him recently at a book talk at Playhouse Square. He can tell stories better than anyone. He's very entertaining. I highly recommend listening to him read "The Santaland Diaries". Genius.

No comments: