Sunday, September 14, 2008

Exercise 5 - RSS feeds

I hadn't really ever thought about that blinking orange button at the top of my web browser. Once in awhile, in a fleeting moment, I would wonder what it was. But then something flashy would distract me and I'd forget all about it. So imagine my surprise when I learned that Exercise 5 was about these orange things and that they're called RSS feeds.

About a week ago, I looked around at all of my favorite sites in anticipation of seeing that orange button light up. But alas, no luck. So I went to some other sites I like, such as www.ew.com, and added them to my feeds list. I also added "Imogen Heap News" and "Netflix Top 10" just for fun.

Unfortunately, I would check my feeds every day, and it didn't seem like there were that many updates. Ew.com had some, but that's about it. I don't think I'll be using this option again any time soon.

No comments: