Thursday, September 4, 2008

Exercise 4 - Play Day (Pandora)

I went to Pandora.com today to explore what it's all about. I was really excited about this one from the get-go because I'm such a music buff!

First of all, what a cool website! I set up my account and tried typing in "John Mayer" to see what it would do. It started me off with a John Mayer song then moved on to similiar artists, such as Maroon 5. So then I created 2 more stations: one with Imogen Heap and one with Coldplay. I liked that it let me say yay or boo to a song. If I said boo, like I did with the Dave Matthews song (I hate Dave Matthews!), it told me it would never play the song again. You can choose to retire a song for a month if it's been played too much lately. You can also click Quick Mix and it'll shuffle all of your stations for you. Then I went ahead and invited some friends to check it out.

I love this site!

No comments: