Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Exercise 4 - Play Day (Readers Advisory)

Today I visited some Readers Advisory sites. I started with ShelfAwareness, which is a good site, but I opted not to subscribe to the daily newsletter. I have a hard enough time keeping my inbox cleaned out without adding more to it! I visited the Webrary, which is a good tool, but I think I'll need a LOT more exploring time just to see half of it. I liked that GoodReads was included on the list, seeing as I am already a member. I love how I add a ton of books to my To-Read list just by looking at what my friends have read. I checked out OverBooked and somehow wound up at Rocky River Public Library's page. I even checked out Nancy Pearl's recommendations for 2008. I found a book there that I'm going to add to my To-Read list. And of course, I LOVE Fantastic Fiction, seeing as how I have to use it just about every day to answer patrons' questions. Thinking about how many books I want to read now is making my head swim...

...TBC...

No comments: